SOUTH GOA: According to a report in the Herald, the Ponda police have booked former minister and Congress leader (former GPCC President) Subhash Shirodkar on charges of duping a man from Vaze-Shiroda to the tune of Rs 8 lakh, a charge that Shirodkar has vehemently denied.
Shirodkar vehemently refuted the charges and claimed that the complaint had been politically motivated. Shirodkar has alleged that a political rival is behind the entire episode and that if the payment was allegedly made in 2009, why did the complainant wait for 5 years to file the complaint.
“I feel the complaint is politically motivated only to malign my image. I am surprised to know that the person whom I have helped monetarily has lodged the complaint against me. The complainant had come to me requesting to help him to repay some loan. On one occasion, I had given him Rs 15,000 and Rs 10,000 on another occasion,” claimed Shirodkar, while addressing news conference at Ponda.
“I feel the complainant has lodged the complaint only to extort money from me. The Police should conduct a thorough inquiry into the case,” said Shirodkar.
According to reports, Raju Naik has claimed that Shirodkar had taken Rs 8 lakh from him in 2009 on the pretext on providing his brother and him government jobs.
The complainant had claimed that Shirodkar had assured to provide a driver’s job in the PWD Department.
According to Ponda Police, the complaint against Shirodkar had been made some two months back and Shirodkar subsequently filed a counter-complaint accusing Naik of blackmail and extortion.
“After conducting an inquiry, the complaint has been registered and we will also inquire into the claims made by Shirodkar in his counter complaint,” a police official told Herald.
Related News / Articles:
- Goa News: GPCC spokesperson Sudip Tamankar arrested
- Percept hits out, files police complaint: ‘Viacom 18 using stolen content to seek nod for EDM’
- Goa News: Sudip Tamankar’s arrest is politically motivated: LOGG Goa
- Face of Congress ad, NSUI’s Goa president Hasiba Amin faces social media fury, defamation
- Parrikar, Akhilesh are insensitive, says Goa Congress spokesperson Valanka Alemao
- Goa Congress MLA Vishwajeet Rane wants Jyotiraditya as Prime Minister
- Parrikar forgets Tejpal, dashes to Hyderabad to hob-nob with K K Reddy for poll alliance
- Aleixo Reginaldo Lourenco is a man of the masses, a people person, opines fashion designer Raymond Fernandez
- Goa News: RTI activist and GPCC spokesperson Sudip Tamankar released on conditional bail
- Vijay Mallya spends Rs 5 crore on repair works at Kingfisher Villa while thousands of employees remain unpaid
- Aam Aadmi Party confronts BJP on mining, casinos in Goa
- Maharashtra Industries Minister Narayan Rane’s son Nitesh Rane arrested in Goa for attacking toll both
- 20 Goan-owned buses, Goa Sadan in Mumbai attacked by Nitesh Rane’s supporters
- CM Manohar Parrikar’s Facebook wall gets least number of likes on Modi’s rally in Goa
- Is Tarun Tejpal potent? Goa cops conduct sexual potency test
- Goa News: Vijay Sardessai pulls up BJP for Goa Medical College blood scam
- “FRRO officials take monthly bribes ranging from Rs 10,000 to Rs 1 lakh to acomodate illegal foreigners”
- Goa News: Goa Congress headed for a split?
- Stop racism in Goa, says Eduardo Faleiro
- Goa CM Parrikar gets Tiwari jibe during IFFI 2013 closing ceremony
- Goa CM Manohar Parikkar rejects Tejpal’s charges
- Famous Bollywood divorces
- Goa govt, police protecting,sheilding killers: Nigerian Consular Attache Nwadibia
- NCW flays Goa police for not arresting Tarun Tejpal
- Criminal complaint against Goa CM for hurting religious sentiments
- Deputy collector arrested in Goa building mishap
- Government blacklists accused builders in Goa collapse case
- Mapusa police arrest Sirsaim resident Kamu alias Awdoot Halarnkar for attack on Wagh
- Illegal Nigerian Visas forged in Hyderabad – more skeletons to come tumbling out
- Nigerians booked in 2 cases of attempt to murder, rioting
« Lusofonia Games infra will benefit coming generations of local sportspersons in Goa Devyani Khobragade moves US court; seeks dismissal of visa fraud case »