Newz66.com Bureau | December 18th, 2013
39-year-old, Indian diplomat and mother of a young girl, Dr Devyani Khobragade was strip and cavity searched by US Marshals – as admitted by the US State Department and reported by both the US and Indian media, and confined to a cell with drugs addicts and prostitutes.
If this is the courtesy extended to an Indian diplomat (young lady officer representing her country and government) for a technical crime, imagine what would happen to you and me or for that matter Shah Rukh Khan, in the US of A – the land of the free (once upon a time). Though she was released on a bail bond of USD 2,50,000, her diplomatic passport has been impounded and she cannot leave the United States. Was she made an example of for somebody’s political ambitions as reported in the Indian media? Or was there a tinge of racial discrimination in the whole episode?
The Facebook page Indians against ill-treatment of diplomat Devyani Khobragade located at https://www.facebook.com/indians.for.devyani is an effort by content and news website www.newz66.com to bring home our sister and diplomat Devyani Khobragade and protest the strip and cavity search of an Indian lady diplomat by US authorities.
The aim and purpose of this campaign is to bring back our sister and diplomat Dr Devyani Khobragade (whose diplomatic passport has been seized by US authorities) and her young daughter and restore their dignity and the dignity of the nation.
India has the second largest internet or online population in the world. Lets show the US our strength with millions of messages condemning the US action.
Share your views on this page. Stand up for Devyani Khobragade and show your support. Also report on this page any US citizens breaking the Indian law any where in the country….
Indian diplomat Devyani Khobragade held for visa fraud in US released on bail
Facebook page launched to ‘bring home Indian diplomat Devyani Khobragade’
Related News / Articles:
- Diplomat’s ‘strip search’ part of standard procedures: US marshals
- Diplomat Devyani Khobragade issue: What is a full body cavity search?
- Do you support Indian diplomat Devyani Khobragade? Let us know your thoughts
- India transfers Devyani Khobragade to its Permanent Mission at UN to ensure full immunity
- Devyani Khobragade’s absconding maid had demanded a huge compensation and US citizenship
- US doesn’t practise what it preaches – US consulates don’t follow rules that it imposes on others
- Diplomat issue: MPs voice outrage, seek apology by the US
- Devyani Khobragade, Ashok Chavan illegal beneficiaries of Adarsh society: Report says
- Indian diplomat earns $4,120 per month, US says pay babysitter $4,500
- Who is Devyani Khobragade? Her assets and financial details!
- At $ 9.75 an hour domestic maids earn more than Indian diplomats in New York, thanks to US labor laws
- US govt evacuated maid, husband and kid before arresting Devyani Khobragade
- External affairs minister Salman Khurshid snubs American counterpart Secretary of State John Kerry
- The perfect Indian crab mentality – Indian-born US attorney gets Indian diplomat arrested in the US though complainant absconding
- India protests ‘public humiliation’ of its diplomat, summons US envoy
- Devyani Khobragade case: India refuses US request to waive immunity
- Devyani Khobragade fallout: India expels senior US diplomat
- Devyani Khobragade incident exposes Indian hypocrisy
- Over 68 per cent Indians do not support Devyani Khobragade, say she should face trial
- Devyani Khobragade moves US court; seeks dismissal of visa fraud case
- US federal judge rejects Devyani’s plea to extend deadline for hearing
- Devyani Khobragade row: US holds back details of embassy staff’s salary
- Indian Diplomat Devyani Khobragade indicted in New York
- Indian diplomat Devyani Khobragade held for visa fraud in US released on bail
- US won’t drop visa fraud charge against Devyani Khobragade, denies goof up
- Indian diplomat handcuffed, stripped searched, DNA fingerprinted and confined with drug addicts in US lockup
- Massive security arrangements for Narendra Modi’s 22nd December rally in Mumbai
- Latest update on Narendra Modi’s Sunday 22 December rally in Mumbai
- Devyani case: Sangeeta’s in-laws had worked with expelled US diplomat Wayne May
- Devyani Khobragade has no immunity, claim US prosecutors
« GoAir takes Indigo to court over name of booking site, claims business loss Diplomat’s ‘strip search’ part of standard procedures: US marshals »