PTI | New Delhi | Updated: Dec 22 2013, 12:27 IST
In a plot straight out of Bollywood, a film producer was arrested for allegedly trying to implicate Salman Khan in a fake attack on himself in order to coerce the film star to work in his next project.
47-year-old Hardev Singh, a city-based businessman and owner of a film production house in Mumbai, was arrested along with his accomplice and cousin Devender (44) yesterday, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Central) Alok Kumar said.
On September 16, Hardev Singh had informed the police that two bike-borne assailants followed him and open fire at him when he was going to his shop early morning.
He was not hit by the bullet, which went past the rear windows of his car and hit a concrete wall, while the assailants fled from the spot, police said.
Singh then told the police that he suspected Salman Khan and his business manager Reshma Shetty’s involvement in carrying out the crime, Kumar said adding a case was registered in this regard.
During investigations, it was revealed that Singh is the husband of one Jasmeet Sethi, who had created a ruckus outside the residence of the actor in Mumbai sometime back when they were trying to approach Khan for a song performance in their project, Kumar said.
Singh’s wife and daughter, who run the film production unit had earlier approached Khan’s manager Reshma to hire the actor, for which she demanded a huge sum.
They then tried to approach the actor directly, which led to a dispute, the DCP said.
Police began to suspect that the complainant, Singh, could have plotted the crime to implicate the actor.
During analysis of call records, police apprehended Devender and interrogated him at length.
“Singh had told him (Devender) that due to the dispute with Salman Khan and his manager Reshma Shetty, he suffered a huge loss and his family was also being dragged in criminal cases in Mumbai,” Kumar said.
Devender had called one of his friends Gurjinder Singh aka Jeet, who agreed to participate in the conspiracy and in furtherance of the conspiracy they planned to fake the shootout on Singh.
During sustained interrogation, Singh confessed his involvement in commission of the crime. A cell phone and a motorcycle used in the commission of crime has also been recovered from Devender, Kumar said.
Further investigations are on and efforts are being made to nab Jeet, he added.
Related News / Articles:
- Bombay HC quashes FIR against Thane businessman Nihal Tanna implicated in J Dey murder case
- ‘Nude’ Ishika Borah’s wild card entry in Bigg Boss 7
- Delhi news: Kejriwal picks his team of ministers, dissent in AAP as no place for Binny in cabinet
- Arshi Khan crowned Miss Glory Earth 2014, pledges to support freedom for Tibet
- Percept hits out, files police complaint: ‘Viacom 18 using stolen content to seek nod for EDM’
- After Delhi gets cut in power tariff, Congress MP Sanjay Nirupam threatens stir if Mumbai tariffs not reduced
- Afghanistan-born Arshi Khan to play Aurangzeb’s wife in India’s first 4D Bollywood film
- Rahul Gandhi plays Mr Right, ticks off Maha CM and govt on Adarsh issue
- Devyani Khobragade row lands up at the White House
- Arvind Kejriwal to be sworn in as CM on Thursday after Presidential approval
- Why Devyani Khobragade didn’t tell NY cops she had immunity from arrest
- Sigma Rock & designer Umair Zafar collaborate to promote Lucknowi Chikankari & Embroidery
- Mumbai metro set to be disabled-friendly
- Devyani Khobragade moves US court; seeks dismissal of visa fraud case
- HETA demands action against Versova boy who kicked cat. Have you seen him?
- Tourism Minister Dilip Parulekar’s top secret “meeting” with Harinder Singh of Percept, organisers of Sunburn and Pravin Dabholkar?
- TV actress Alefia Kapadia harassed by motorist – help identify the culprit
- Three missing ad execs found strapped into car in river near Pune
- Bigg Boss 7: Kushal Tandon and Gauhar Khan evicted from Bigg Boss house over fight with VJ Andy
- Mumbai model Arshi Khan to feature in India’s first mainline Bollywood 4D historical film
- Famous Bollywood divorces
- I am like Shah Rukh Khan, says Goa’s Tourism Minister Dilip Parulekar, after posing with a known criminal
- Goa: Manohar Parrikar-led BJP govt in Goa soft on crime, Goemkars worldwide demand strict action
- SpeakAsia scam promoter Ram Sumiran Pal arrested
- Sheetal Rathore: “I want to see Salman Khan’s devilish side”
- Bigg Boss 7: Salman Khan, Colors booked by Hyderabad police for insulting religion for depicting Jannat (heaven) and Jahannum (hell).
- Natasha Sikka shoots with designer label Randell Gomes for an Indian-wear collection
- QNet case: Boman Irani’s son Danesh grilled by cops
- Bollywood satirist Camaal Mustafa Sikander creates waves with his election photo spoofs
- Gamdevi police shielding hit-and-run rich-kid whose Aston Martin lost control and hit two vehicles
« Some at U.S. diplomatic posts earn less than $1 a day, says report South vamp Ramya Sri offered Rs 1 cr to pose nude »