PTI Jan 10, 2014, 01.24PM IST
PANAJI: The Aam Aadmi Party in Goa has confronted the BJP and its prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi ahead of their rally here Jan 12, saying the party should ponder over the state’s key issues.
In a statement issued here on Thursday, the AAP said before the BJP’s rally at Merces, a village on the outskirts of Panaji, Modi and the party’s state unit should think on key issues which they have not been able to resolve even after two years in power.
The BJP-led coalition government’s alleged patronisation of the state’s casino industry, and shielding of those involved in illegal mining and real estate scandals are on the list of questions the AAP has confronted the BJP and Modi with.
The statement also pointed out the BJP’s failure to appoint information commissioners as well as functional Lokayuktas and a string of foreign “study” trips.
“When the Goa government proposes to prohibit entry for Goans into casinos on the grounds that gambling is a vice, is it not anti-national for the BJP to encourage the rest of Indians to be addicted to casinos?” the statement said.
It asked Modi and the BJP to get a reality check on whether they consider casinos as a part of “Indian culture”.
Questioning the government led by Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar, the statement said why “haven’t any proceedings been started to recover the Rs.35,000 crore looted from Goa as per the Shah Commission report (on mining scam)?”
It also asked why Goa’s garbage issue has not been resolved despite “expensive foreign study tours and numerous assurances on the issue”.
SOURCE: PTI/TIMES OF INDIA
Related News / Articles:
- CM Manohar Parrikar’s Facebook wall gets least number of likes on Modi’s rally in Goa
- Parrikar, Akhilesh are insensitive, says Goa Congress spokesperson Valanka Alemao
- Goa Church Body Council of Social Justice and Peace Attacks Narendra Modi and CM Parrikar, alleges corruption
- Percept hits out, files police complaint: ‘Viacom 18 using stolen content to seek nod for EDM’
- Goa News: 30 per cent fliers to Goa come for gambling, says report
- Goa News: Goa Congress headed for a split?
- Goa News: Goa is no longer attractive to western tourists: Francisco Braganca
- Aleixo Reginaldo Lourenco is a man of the masses, a people person, opines fashion designer Raymond Fernandez
- Google’s election hub empowers voters
- Goa News: 3.5 lakh visitors to Goan Casinos – gamblers hike air fare to Goa
- Goa Police chief and ex-Home Minister Ravi Naik tried to hide information about the drug mafia, says panel report
- Massive security arrangements for Narendra Modi’s 22nd December rally in Mumbai
- Bus, air fares go through the roof as tourists head to Goa for Diwali
- Can senior Congress leader John Fernandes deliver the goods in Goa?
- Rahul Gandhi may not be made PM candidate yet?
- Sunburn 2013: Goa govt acting unfairly in considering Viacom 18′s proposal over Percept’s?
- Goa to shut at 1 am – Govt order will affect small businesses most, forcing many to shut shop
- Goa news: Goa’s first off shore casino MV Caravela to leave Mandovi next year
- CM Manohar Parrikar fails again vis-à-vis rent-a-bike scheme promise in Goa
- Arvind Kejriwal to be sworn in as CM on Thursday after Presidential approval
- Mumbai’s Mango People unimpressed with Narendra Modi as Mahagarjana rally fails to stir the Aam Aadmi
- Panaji Municipal Corp directs Hoble River Lounge on the Panaji Ribandar causeway to cease business activity
- Sunburn 2013 in Goa seems cancelled or rescheduled as Viacom 18′s VH1 Supersonic gets the nod: DNA
- Two ruling party MLAs involved in drug trade, says Cong Spokespersons Sudip Tamankar
- Churchill Alemao: Furore over Portuguese ship, what about Portuguese citizen as BJP MLA?
- Face of Congress ad, NSUI’s Goa president Hasiba Amin faces social media fury, defamation
- Goa News: Vijay Sardessai pulls up BJP for Goa Medical College blood scam
- Snooping row: Web portal releases pictures of Modi with woman
- AAP says proposed Goa airport at MOPA only a land scam
- 3.9 MT ore found without documents: Goa tells SC
« CM Manohar Parrikar’s Facebook wall gets least number of likes on Modi’s rally in Goa Parrikar, Akhilesh are insensitive, says Goa Congress spokesperson Valanka Alemao »